Digital Yacht iAISTX Class B Wireless Transponder
iAISTX Class B Wireless Transponder
iAISTX has been designed specifically for the growing number of boaters who use an iPad or Android tablet for their navigation tasks. As a full function Class B transponder, it sends your boat position and identity data to other AIS equipped vessels as well as providing a wireless interface for mobile devices with popular apps to display received data from other AIS equipped vessels.
iAISTX creates a secure, password protected, local Wi-Fi network which allows AIS and GPS data to be sent to popular iOS and Android apps such as Navionics, iSailor, Weather4D, SailGrib, iNavX, TimeZero and more. These apps offer a detailed overlay of local AIS targets all updated in real-time. Depending upon the app, you can click on a target and can see identity as well as collision avoidance data such as CPA (closest point of approach) and TCPA (time to closest point of approach).
AIS transponders require one time programming with the boat’s identity and physical dimensions and this is done through a simple, embedded web interface via the tablet’s browser (Safari, Chrome, etc.). This can also be used to silence the transmission and set up wireless parameters such as passwords. Installation is simple – just connect power (12/24v), mount the supplied external GPS antenna and connect to a separate dedicated VHF antenna or to the boat’s existing VHF antenna using our SPL1500 or SPL2000 AIS-VHF antenna splitters.
If you also want to get AIS data on to your MFD (chart plotter), then we recommend the iAISTX Plus which includes an additional NMEA 2000 interface.
- Class B AIS transponder with WiFi interface for phones, tablets, iPads and PCs
- Support for all the latest target types such as ATONs and AIS MOB devices
- Latest HF AIS technology for superior performance
- UDP and TCP/IP protocols supported for up to 7 connected devices
- Password protected, secure wireless connection
- Internal wifi antenna will typically footprint a boat up to 60ft in length
- Supplied with external GPS antenna and 10m (33ft) cable which can be deck mounted or fitted to standard 1” mount
- Compatible with 100s apps. See our reviews at www.digitalyacht.net
- LED status indicators for wireless connection, data, status, time out, power and silent mode
- Easy embedded web interface for programming
- Measures just 20 x 14 x 4.5cm
- 12/24V operation and ultra-low 2W consumption
We Also Recommend